2004-05-09

5 hours

Some of this 5 hours was spent doing electrical, so you can look there to see what’s been going on… Nothing smoking yet!

Anyways, fuselage stuff… I didn’t do too much. I looked at the front spar covers, but they didn’t look like they needed to much attention. Just a deburr and nutplate, and they’re done! I’ll save them for later!

Instead, I set up the aileron trim springs, and put in the control stick bases properly. Here’s an overall shot…

Instead of the hokey safety wire technique, I borrowed an idea from Mike, and used some tie rod arms from a radio controlled car. The clevises are metal too, so they should last OK. They also allow for some minor tweaking to get the trim tuned nicely. Here’s a close up…

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *